23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years
Happy Friday, everyone! Today is my 23rd Birthday and I'm so grateful for all my blessings today. Here is an extremely cliche post about 23 things I've learned in the last 23 years. Yay!
- I still don't like mangos. I think they taste like soap!!
- Shoes are my weakness. They're on sale? Great! Here's my money.
- I am so in love with Nashville, but I like calling North Augusta home. I like having a 'hometown'.
- Cherish your siblings - even when you can't stand each other growing up, they're going to turn into your best friends one day.
- If I have to pee in the middle of the night, there's no way I'm getting up and going. Walking to the bathroom in the dark? Nope.
- Asking for help is H A R D. I struggle with this a lot.
- There is soooo much power in vulnerability. Sharing our struggles with others helps us to know we're not alone and that we're much stronger than we think!
- I've come to the conclusion that I'm an introverted extrovert. That's a thing, right?
- Verbal affirmation is my thing. I need it constantly in order to feel secure. This is something I didn't really acknowledge about myself until a few months ago.
- My biggest pet peeve? Copycats. BE YO OWN SELF.
- I struggle to say no. I'm constantly over-committing myself because I love staying busy and I love making people happy!
- Mexican food makes me the MOST happy. You have tacos? I'm on my way.
- I'm not the greatest listener- I hope to work on that.
- Crossing things off a list, achieving a goal, finishing something I've been working on for a long time - makes me so proud. I get so much energy from reaching my goals!
- It's so so so soooooooo important to have friendships where you're completely transparent and open about everything- faith, insecurities, doubts, all of it. I don't feel like I truly gained those kinds of relationships until the last couple of years. My whole perspective on friendship changed because of those people. I feel like I'm a different person because of them!
- Your twenties are the weirdest freaking years. Travel!! Find yourself!! Date anyone you want!! But also- you can't afford a plane ticket!! Your job is weird!!! You're eating cereal for dinner again!! Yay!!!
- Speaking of dating- It's hard. It's awkward. It's annoying. It's confusing. How do we do it?? How does this work?? Still figuring it out (insert laughing emoji here)
- Christmas brings me more joy than literally anything. Christmas shopping, Christmas music, Christmas Eve traditions, I am getting tears in my eyes even thinking about it! Thankfully I live with roommates who love it just as much as I do :)
- It took me a lot of years to realize this, but I actually LOVE school. I miss learning! I majored in Communications in college and loved every second of it. I'd go back and take every comm. class if I could!
- I'm becoming more and more of a sweets person! Especially dark chocolate. That's my weakness. And cheesecake. And scones.....okay, and red velvet.
- My most recent year of life surprised me. Like reeeallyy surprised me. I learned more about myself than ever before, and I shocked myself with how many goals I accomplished. I'm so grateful for that!
- Taylor Swift will never go out of style (see what I did there?)
- I am blessed beyond measure. There are actually zero words that can describe how blessed I feel every day. I feel so grateful to get another year to dream big and serve Jesus. He's the reason I'm here, and I know it's because He's got great plans for me! Here's to year 23, y'all! I'm so glad I get to share it with you.
Until next time,