Tuesday Brain Dump
Happy Tuesday, y'all! It's been a while since I popped on here and said 'hello'. I get in these funks where I have zero desire to write, and then I wake up one morning and have 20 blog post ideas that I want to publish right away! Welcome to my brain dump, friends.
I love reading Amber Fillerup's 12 Things posts, where she pretty much shares 12 relevant things going on in her life. It's such a simple concept, but I loooove reading them! It makes me feel like we're friends (hahaha) This post was inspired by her, along with a handful of other newsletters I get in my email each week. That being said, here are some random and exciting things going on in my life at the moment:
1. We're going to my best friend, Samantha's, bachelorette party this weekend! We're having a spa night with all the ice cream and face masks and girl talk. I cannot wait to spoil her and talk all night about her wedding day! It's going to be the perfect lil weekend getaway.
2. I already have the travel bug after being home from Boston for like three weeks. I looooove traveling, and I wish I could do it way more often. I've really been craving the beach. Really just sunshine. Anyone down for a weekend trip??
3. I'm completely out of groceries. Like, when I say "completely", I mean I have a jar of spaghetti sauce, some leftover veggies from dinner last week and cereal (face palm). I need to do another Trader Joe's trip and stock up on frozen meals. I loooove their turkey burgers, orange chicken, and chicken tacos!! If you want to see more of my favorite Trader Joes things, you can watch my grocery hauls highlight on my Instagram!
4. My family is coming to town for Easter in a few weeks! I'm so excited to see them. I love taking them to spots around Nashville they've never been to! It's definitely hit or miss though. Last time they were here, I took them to lunch and they did NOT like it hahaha. This time, I'll be sure to take them somewhere they will love no matter what. AKA Taqueria Del Sol ;)
5. I've really been thinking about getting my eyebrows microbladed lately. I need to do a lot more research on it, but I just hate filling them in every day, they take the longest out of my whole makeup routine! I've read so many testimonials on it and have yet to come across any negative reviews. Maybe I'll start saving up and see if my mind changes over the next few weeks!
6. I did sooooo much online shopping last week. And I NEVER shop online! I'll have to do an Instagram haul so you can see what I got. Here's the thing- all my favorite stores recently got "AfterPay" which lets you purchase and then pay it off over two months. It is a blessing. and. a. curse. SERIOUSLY, pace yourselves. It's easy to get sucked in. Trust me ;)
7. I have SO many weddings I get to go to this year. It's so weird that I'm in the stage of life where we're all old enough to be getting married. Still feels so weird...and yet normal at the same time? Haha. I love it. I can't wait to celebrate all my friends this year! Also- y'all know me. I love a good wedding <3
8. I've been watching Season 2 of the OA on Netflix this week. Anyone else? I feel like I need to join a support group or some kind of discussion group where I can talk about how CRAZY it is! Same with Riverdale. This season is literally so strange and twisted, and yet, I cannot look away. Ugh!
9. In a few weeks, we'll have lived at The Casa for a whole year! It's crazy how time flies when you're having fun. I love the memories we've made at our house, and I'm pumped for the memories we'll make this year. If you've never lived with your best friends, I highly recommend. It's like a never ending sleepover (except ours is the kind where everyone goes to bed at 9:00 every night) hahaha.
10. Speaking of The Casa, we have this neighborhood cat named Koala who sleeps on our porch furniture alllll the time. He greets us in the morning when we're leaving for work and it's the CUTEST thing. Lately, he's been really grumpy and weird. And then this weekend, we found out he has a SISTER named Donkey (yeah, so weird) and she is SO CUTE. She won't go near anyone except Anna, and I'm so jealous. Stay tuned for updates on our kitty friends.
Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment!! Thanks for sticking around and letting me brain dump for a minute. If you've never tried this, I recommend!! Journal it, type it, text it, do what you gotta do. And then come back and tell me everything :)
Until next time,